Friday, September 7, 2012

Does Whatever a Spider Can

One of the playtesters for the game had this comment:

Spider-Man never uses a gun.

This was actually not a comment on Spider-Punisher, but more to the point of talking about how in some games, it seems perfectly logical to have Spidey use some sort of Agility based weapon, because of his super agility.

Obviously, CC&VF doesn't have that problem, I mean, you can draw a picture of your Hero with a gun and describe them using their gun, but maybe their only Trait is :STONE-COLD ASSASSIN and that covers having a gun or knife or whatever. CC&VF is not concerned with such things.

Onto the subject of Spidey. I statted up a workable Spidey here with 200 Design Points (because, c'mon, Spidey is a big hitter as much as he wants to paint himself out to be just an average Joe).

Cap said it best: "every time I have fought alongside you... I have been amazed."

(that moment makes me choke up a bit)

But, what I will also write-up here is the Iron Spider Spider-Man, to show a character can be redesigned.

SPIDER-MAN
200 points

SPIDEY SENSES 9 (3/2/1)
Auto-Defend
Link +5

PROPORTIONAL AGILITY OF A SPIDER 9 (1/2/3)
Link +5

WEB-SHOOTERS 9 (1/1/1)
Incapacitate
Link +5

PROPORTIONAL STRENGTH OF A SPIDER 7 (1/1/1)
Link +3

SCIENCE NERD 6 (1/1)
Link +3

NEVER GIVES UP 5 (1/2/3)
Only When the Chips Are Down
Link +3

WISECRACKING 5 (1/1)
Not-A-Finisher
Link +3

EC: 3
THRESHOLD: 12

FACTOIDS:
Wall-Crawler
Spidey Webs

COMPLICATIONS:
Aunt May
MJ
JJ Jameson
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Ed. NOTE:So, I gave him 3 EC, which ups his Threshold, and gives him a bit more moxy to do cool things.What about wall-crawling?  Well, spidey does it, that is a fact. Is it that useful in combat, can Spidey cling to wall to keep from doing something? Maybe, sometimes. I had to make a choice here.Locomotion in my games tends to be hand-waved. Flying characters fly, Spidey spins his webs (has anyone noticed how he how up he gets from some of his panels, even with no buildings around?) dude on a motorcycle gets there, superheroes are able to get from panel to panel. Unless doing such is some sort of challenge. You may disagree nd want to adjust the points to give him wall-crawling, I would just assume Spidey is bouncing off walls and crawling up them. 

IRON SPIDER ARMOR SPIDER-MAN

the writeup is the same as above with the following changes:
no more WEB-SHOOTERS
EC drops to 2
THRESHOLD drops to 10

Not-A-Finisher is removed from WISECRACKING

+2 Linked with IRON SPIDER ARMOR is added to Strength

and he gets a new Trait:
IRON SPIDER ARMOR 9 (1/1/1)
Versatile (webshooters, waldoes, protection, ___, ___, ___)

http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Spider_Armor

Next up-
I want to do a Sinister Six post that shows how the Villainous pool of EC can make running villains, even 150 point foes like the Vulture, fun, and how when 6 of these nefarious villains band together, Spider is not doomed to failure.

And, also coming up-
I will be running a game of CC&VF at my local comic and game shop, Modern Myths, in Northampton, MA on Sun, Sep 23, as they celebrate Superhero Sunday, on their 10th birthday weekend.

I think there will be Two Big other superhero game systems going on, so, I'm going to do something more in keeping with my superhero philospophy, and my game will likely be a Marvel-DC crossover.
Characters will be pregens, and visual aids will be in full-effect.
And when I stat up the Heroes, maybe I will post some of them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment