Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Legal Issues

Preparing for my game at SuperHero Sunday at Modern Myths, thought I'd share one of the available Player Characters.

the game will be a Marvel-DC crossover, and originally I was working on a very Big plot with lots of ties to obscure canon, and may indeed still do that, but maybe for a con-game.
Instead, many of the kernals of that original idea have morphed into something new, and it will be fun, with some silliness, but will have that same undercurrent of serious that great comicbooks can have.

So, the available player characters will be:

Luke Cage
Power Girl
Captain (Ms.) Marvel
Shazam
Troia
Wonder Man

And, so, to whet your appetite, here is...

CAPTAIN MARVEL
Carol Danvers


ENERGY ABSORPTION AND CONVERSION- 15  ◊◊◊ (1/2/3)
          +2 if Pushing
          +2 after 3 Usages
          +2 Linked with ENERGY BLASTS
          +2 Linked with PHYSIOLOGY
          +2 if a full round spent charging up
          Link (+5)

ENERGY BLASTS- 13  ◊◊◊ (3/2/1)
          +2 Linked w ENERGY ABSORPTION
          Link (+5)

HUMAN-KREE PHYSIOLOGY-   9 ◊◊◊ (1/1/1)
(Strong, Tough, Flight)
          +2 Linked w ENERGY ABSORPTION
         Link (+5)

AIR-FORCE HOT-SHOT- 7  ◊◊ (1/1)
         Link (+3)

SEVENTH-SENSE- 5  ◊ (1)
         Auto-Defend
          Link (+3)

COMPLICATIONS:
Alcoholic
Chip on Her Shoulder

EDITORIAL CONTROL: 2
THRESHOLD: 10

She has a very limited number of Traits, and I played around with the math (and yes, I know my numbers are off slightly, as in she is just over 200 I think), and I really like this build. She may run out of Traits quickly, but actually gets even more badass when she does.
Like, she gets attacked, has already used her ABSORPTION 3x, but only has one Setback Token:

"I push, using my ENERGY ABSORPTION to take the blow, falling to my knees as the energy courses through me."
I will spend a full round charging up after the attack.
So, for defense, player is rolling say, two dice, keeping the worst, but adding 19. For an attack after charing up, rolling three dice, keeping the worst, but adding 19 before Linking anything, and without pushing.






No comments:

Post a Comment